- Size Guide
- Customs & Import Fees
Edea Piano skates for the elite skater to prevent injury
Edea are pushing the boundaries even further with the introduction of the Piano
This will create a further turning point in skating and skating technology
Designed for the comfort and protection of the skater.
The Piano will…
- Absorb ice chatter, making skating feel smoother. It gives you a firmer base to jump from, allowing you to jump higher and further.
- Increase the amount of force absorbed by the boot on landing, reducing the strain on the knees and ankles.
- Reduce the ‘wobble’ on landing, allowing the skater to execute quicker jumps and transitions; thus improving ice speed.
Boots kept in stock are a regular C fitting. B, D and E fitting boots are available to special order from Edea. They can take anything between 10 to 12 weeks. Please order the width on the drop down.
- Every time a skater lands a jump, there is an impact.
- The force of the impact depends on the weight of the skater and how the jump is landed.
- When a skater lands a jump, the force has been estimated to be between two and eight times the skater’s actual body weight, which means a skater weighing 50kg lands a jump with a force of between 100-400kg.
- This impact produces a shockwave that moves up through the legs and throughout the body.
- These waves increase the forces across the ankle, knee, hip and even the vertebrae. There is a great deal of evidence to show that these impacts can cause muscular-skeletal degeneration.
- Excessive forces have also been linked to plantar fasciitis, tendonitis of the Achilles, osteoarthritis and lower back pain. These impacts can also cause injuries through over training.
- The piano is the latest step in technology, minimising the impacts and maximising your safety.
- The revolutionary new design introduces a shock absorbing boot and sole to prevent injury from shock.
We are dispatching as normal and ensuring contactless delivery
Delivery (Estimated 7-10 Working Days)
|Boot Size||UK Size||EU Size||Blade Size|
All orders are currently shipped from the UK. EU & Worldwide customers may have to pay additional import fees upon delivery.